33rd Annual OHIO/OSU Picnic
Please join us on Saturday, Aug. 13, for the 33rd Annual OSU/OHIO Picnic at Lake Norman! Sherry Browning (OSU) and Bill Rakatansky (OHIO) have again graciously offered the use of their home for the day. As in the past, the Ohio University Bobcats will be bringing the party to the Buckeyes!
COST: $5 per person, plus one side dish per family (see suggested side dishes below). Current students and kids under 12 are free.
PROVIDED FOR YOU: Hamburgers, hotdogs, plates, utensils, beer, soft drinks, condiments and ice. Enjoy the small beach area as well as paddle boating, boating, skiing, tubing.
PLEASE BRING: $5 per person, lawn chairs or blankets, boats and water toys. Here are this year's suggested side dishes so that we don't end up with 10 whole chocolate cakes that melt and we have to throw away. We almost always run out of sides and salads so please follow the suggestions below.
- Last name begins with A-H: Bring side dish (baked beans, corn on the cob, chips & dip/salsa, deviled eggs, etc.)
- Last name begins with I-N: Bring salad dish (fruit salad, potato salad, slaw, etc.)
- Last name begins with O-V: Bring a meat dish to share (chicken, meatballs, etc.)
- Last name begins with W-Z: Bring dessert dish (cookies, brownies, cakes, pies, etc.)
RSVP: Please register below or email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you hope to join us for a great day at the lake! This helps us estimate the drinks and burgers!
DIRECTIONS BY CAR:
- Take I-77 to exit number 28.
- Turn onto Catawba Avenue, going West towards Lake Norman. Go ~0.2 miles.
- Turn right onto Torrence Chapel Road. Go 0.9 miles.
- Turn slight right onto Norman Shores Drive. Go 0.4 miles.
- The house is on the right, 21136 Norman Shores Drive, just past Lake Point Lane.
DIRECTIONS BY BOAT:
- The marker that they are near is "T4".
- Sherry and Bill's house is directly across the water from the south side of the "Davidson Condo Peninsula" located at Exit 30.
- Their house is at the end of a cove, and their dock has a porch swing on it.
- The southmost Interstate 77 bridge is across the lake from their dock.
- They are the cove right after the "Quonset Hut" (half-circle) boat cover across from the condo peninsula.
If you have any questions, contact Meg Quintana at email@example.com.